Guidelines on How to Get a Visa to Uganda by Delegates Attending the 8th Afrea Conference and Exempt Countries
Delegates to Uganda must obtain a visa on arrival to Uganda or from one of the Ugandan diplomatic missions, unless they come from one of the visa exempt countries. All delegates must hold a passport valid for 6 months.
Please note that there are three ways for applying for a visa to Uganda. These include:
- Applications for a Visa on-line
- Applications for a Visa at Uganda Missions Abroad
- Applications for a Visa at entrance
1. Application for online Visa
The E-Visa is a separate system which is controlled from Uganda. Below are steps to follow:
- Visit https://visas.immigration.go.ug/
- Complete/upload information as required.
- Upon submitting your application you should receive a notification with an application number you can use to track your application. (Visas are usually approved within 3 working days, however, applicants should ensure that they apply at least five working days before their intended date of travel).
- Upon approval of the application you should receive an e-mail notification with the next steps, with an attachment of the e-visa approval/authorization to travel.
- This attachment should be printed and presented to the immigration officer upon arrival to Uganda.
- Payment will be made at the point of entry (See below the visa fees).
- The visa will be issued at the selected point of entry after a final clearance by the immigration office.
2. Application at Uganda Missions Abroad requirements are:
- In person at the Uganda High Commission.
- Submitting an application by mail to Uganda High Commission. All applications made by mail must be addressed to (“The Visa Department” Please note, a stamped, self-addressed special or recorded delivery envelope must be enclosed for the mission to return it to applicant).
3. Application at entrance requirements are:
- An invitation letter for the conference
- Visa Authorization letter from the Government
- Download Visa application documents from visas.immigration.go.ug
- Visa application fee of US 50
Visa fee is non-refundable as indicated below;
- Single Entry Visa US$50
- Multiple Entry Visa US$100
- Gov’t officials No fee
- Diplomatic Visa No fee
5. List of Countries which are Visa Exempt
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands,
- The Grenadines
- Holders of diplomatic or service passports issued to nationals of Italy and Namibia do not require a visa for 3 months.