* Click on the links to read the full workshop abstracts
* Please reference the Programme at Glance to view starting times, tea breaks and lunch. All workshops start strictly at 8h30; if you’re a presenter PLEASE arrive 1 hour prior. Here’s the schedule: http://conferences.afrea.org/online-programme/
WORKSHOP PRESENTER GUIDELINES
- Please note that there is no remuneration for the workshops, if you require a bursary to attend AfrEA please apply here: http://membership.afrea.org/bursaries/
- All workshop presenters must register for the conference. Please register here http://conferences.afrea.org/registration-guidelines/ Even if you are applying for a bursary, you must register for the conference.
- The workshops are scheduled for the first two and a half days of the conference. All half day workshops will take place on Wednesday March 28. You will receive confirmation from the conference organizer on your exact day of delivery.
- Please contact the conference secretariat, Shamima at firstname.lastname@example.org and
- Confirm you and your co-presenters are available
- Indicate what type of room set-up you would prefer for your workshop – u-shape, round tables or a classroom/seminar setting
- Please note that we would encourage workshop presenters to bring their own training material, however the Conference Secretariat will be able to make black and white copies of your training material if presented to them at registration, up to a maximum of 20 pages.
- The room will include a data projector and screen. Presentation laptops for the workshops will not be provided. Workshop presenters are requested to bring their own laptops, as well as adapters etc. to ensure that your technology is compatible with Ugandan power plugs, see guidelines on Ugandan power here http://www.power-plugs-sockets.com/uganda/ Please note that most Macs need a special data projector plug-in.
- The venue will have general wi-fi. No dedicated wi-fi will be set up in the rooms.
- Workshop registration will be open on Friday 17 February. Once delegates book for these workshops we will provide you with their details as well as the expected numbers please note that we always experience registrations on the day.
- Please note that we will provide digital workshop certificates that will be emailed to the attendees of your workshop only if they have officially registered and attended the full day.
- Ignore the call for “full papers” in your acceptance letter. Workshop presenters do not have to present full papers. We would request of you to send us a digital copy of your workshop presentation closer to the time.
- AfrEA would appreciate a brief one-page write-up about the outcomes and key learnings of your experience during this workshop to the Conference Secretariat by the final day of the conference (e.g. March 31).